Graffiti Prevention Tips
- Encourage citizen reporting-There are several ways to report graffiti; through the CGPD website, by phone, or by using a mobile app on smart phones called “mycasagrande” which allows the reporter to take a picture of the graffiti. Reporting graffiti is a vital tool for prevention.
- Remove graffiti promptly-This is the most important deterrence.
- Keep the Neighborhood clean-Keeping your neighborhood clean and neat shows that you take pride in your property and vandals are less likely to be attracted (Also see Crime Prevention Tips on the web site).
- Enforce anti-graffiti ordinances-The Casa Grande Police Department has made graffiti abatement a priority and surveys have shown that “getting caught” was the biggest fear of “taggers.
- Educate the youth and public- Coordinate with local groups or school officials to incorporate graffiti education and prevention into their programs. Volunteer in one of the existing programs that are dedicated to stamping out graffiti such as Keep Casa Grande Beautiful or the Casa Grande Police Department’s Volunteer Services.
Here’s What To Do:
If you witness graffiti in progress call the Casa Grande Police Department at (520) 421-8700. If you have any information that would lead to the identification of “taggers” and want to remain anonymous you can call Silent Witness at (520) 836-2100. To contact about any other information about the graffiti abatement program please call (520) 421-8711 ext. 6570.
- If you see any graffiti in your neighborhood please use the form below to describe the physical location by using an exact address, or cross streets, you may include your name. Some of the information that may be included in the comments may be such items as; is it a business or residential area, the type of graffiti such as marker or spray paint, and the type of surface such as wood, brick or metal. Using the “mycasagrande” mobile app will be more proficient in reporting since it includes a picture in the report.
Graffiti Removal Release Form
If your property is in a residential area or you are a non-profit organization and would like our Graffiti Abatement Crew to come and remove graffiti on your property, please click on the link below and read, sign and mail the Liability Release form to:
Casa Grande Police Department
ATTN: Graffiti Abatement Program
373 E Val Vista Blvd
Casa Grande, AZ 85122
If you are in an HOA subdivison, please report the graffiti to police and the graffiti abatement coordinator, then contact your HOA for clean-up.
Graffiti Ordinance is available here